Water filled booms are non-absorbent, water-filled PVC bunds designed to prevent spills from spreading.
Containment barriers provide effective and immediate stormwater protection in the event of a spill. Portable water barriers are designed as emergency or temporary bunding for drains or grates and their advantage over sand barriers is they are easily stored in a small space. Portable water barriers however are slower to install and can sometimes be more difficult to reposition than sand barriers. Water filled barriers form physical barriers to:
- Simple to use.
- Use one or several portable water to confine and divert spills.
- PVC covered barriers are easily cleaned and reused.
- Manufactured from 650gsm PVC which is resistant to most oils and chemicals.
- Bright yellow outer cover provides high visibility
- Water weight prevents the barrier from moving and helps seal the barrier against irregular concrete or bitumen.
- Use one or more barriers overlapped (with joiner) to contain larger or widely-spread spills.
- PVC is easy to repair if damaged.